- Regional Sales Director
- Posted 06/11/2021
- Status: Available
Company: RECARO Aircraft Seating
Title: Regional Sales Director
Description: A Regional Sales Director (RSD) I is responsible for supporting all sales related activities related to selling our commercial passenger seating products and building the RECARO brand in the market place with commercial airlines based in the Americas Region. The RSD coordinates the internal and external activities necessary for the strategic sale of approved passenger seating products, growth of market share, customer base and achieving profitability for RECARO. The RSD collects the Voice of the Customer (VOC) and ensures the Company contributes to creative solutions to ensure RECARO meets approved financial margins, contributes to first-to-market solutions, and works as a trusted consultant and partner to our commercial airlines located in the Americas Region. Ultimately, the RECARO Regional Sales Director (RSD) collaborates internally, works directly with commercial airlines located in the Americas region and represents RECARO as a market leader in airline passenger seating products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
– Represents RECARO in a professional manner via all customer interactions: sales calls, product and company presentations, trade shows, conference calls and meetings
– Collect needs and VOC from airlines and interfaces with RECARO product development teams to ensure ongoing innovation in the marketplace
– In partnership with RECARO management, RSD will learn market conditions to determine assigned customer seating needs for both line fit and retrofit programs, product attributes and features, competition, ensures RECARO is positioned to secure passenger seating programs with assigned airline customer
– Contributes toward building a “Situation Analysis” of each assigned customer for the development of a sales strategy to position RECARO as the company and product of choice for future offers at each specific airline customers:
– All strategic activity at the customer will require close coordination with the Account Manager-Customer Service for a unified approach internally and with customer
– With the Account Manager-Customer Service, create a unified team approach to insure customer satisfaction and meeting RECARO goals and objectives
– With the Account Manager-Customer Service, become the customer advocate internally for recommendations to solve problems and resolve any conflicts with assigned airline customer
– Assists in preparation of RFP responses in accordance with defined procedures for internal approvals and preparation of proposals
– Maintains an update and status of programs for the scheduled Offer Status and Sales Staff Meetings in all internal systems (including CRM)
– Participate in activities toward prospecting, relationship building and networking to penetrate current or stagnant “non-RECARO” customers
– Devise and implement corrective action measures to correct issues as they arise as reflected by KPIs, OEM ratings and/or customer feedback.
– Initiate and participate in Lean activities with other departments within RECARO.
– Willingness to gain the technical aptitude and understanding of product line specifications, industry regulations, seating configuration, and basis understanding of seating certification process with a relative understanding of seating materials and manufacturing to effectively communicate technical solutions with assistance from RECARO engineering
– Maintain proper documentation and supporting negotiations of all pre-award activity to insure the accuracy and completeness of an awarded program; in the event a program is lost, all efforts must be made to obtain a debrief on “why lost”, or a summary report based on best intelligence to document reasons in consideration of next proposal
Other responsibilities as required.
– This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or other relevant/equivalent learnings, and
– This position requires at least 1-2 years of experience in the aerospace industry; preferably with focus on sales of or purchasing of airline passenger seating products. (Note, 2 years of highly relevant work experience can substitute for each year of education. In place of airline cabin sales process, previous experience can be product related, engineering related, program management or other similar industry experience)
– Ability to work with and effectively and professionally communicate with multiple different cultures
– Ability to travel up to 25%; occasionally with minimal notice period
– The position requires an general understanding of aircraft commercial passenger seating products
– Demonstrate strong collaborative teamwork skill sets.
– Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of RECARO
– Excellent presentation skills are required.
– Excellent verbal and communication skills.
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to conceptualize new ideas, strategies, etc.
– The candidate must be results oriented; a self-starter and fast learner with proper training, both formal and on-the-job
– Ability to analyze and integrate information from various sources and provide recommendations toward continuous improvement and innovation