- Quality Engineer 2
- Posted 05/28/2021
- Status: Available
Company: Cascade Gasket and Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Title: Quality Engineer 2
Description Summary of Position:
Develops, applies, and maintains quality requirements and standards for
development and manufacturing of products. Serves as a quality assurance resource to supervisor(s) for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting, and continuous improvement. Promotes and executes quality standards, inspection processes, quality plans, documents and reports. Is fluent in CATIA V5 and can interrogate models/engineering data to derive inspection plans with recommended metrology to determine conformance.
Essential Job Requirements (MINIMUM):
• Intimate understanding of AS9100, AS9102 and D6-51991 standards as well as demonstrate the ability to properly consume these requirements.
• Intimate knowledge of ASME 14.5:2018 standards.
• Ability to read, create and interpret 2D drawings including mylars, specific to aerospace.
• Fluency in CATIA V5, Polyworks and Tetra 4D.
• Ability to expeditiously interrogate part models to determine inspection ability.
• Be able to articulate desired change requests in customer engineering.
• Responsible for analysis of part models along with accompanying engineering data to derive a first article inspection plan.
• Ability to perform quality tasks: AS9102 First Article, final product review.
• Through the utilization of analysis methods, actively works with production to effectively reduce internal scrap and rework.
• Understanding of CMS quality requirements as well as familiarity with operation.
• Thorough understanding of metrology and familiarity with Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
• Provide training to the employees on a regular basis as required to update their skillset.
• Will actively take part in Lean Process Improvement workshops.
• Responsible for conforming to the company’s quality system procedures as documented in our QMS.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Vocational school or higher in CAD modeling or related discipline.
Certification by the American Society of Quality is preferred.
Technical coursework related to blueprint reading, application of AS9102 in a manufacturing environment.
5 years of Aerospace quality assurance experience required, preferably in a build-to-print manufacturing environment.
4+ years modelling experience (CATIA V5 and Tera 4D) as well as interrogation of MBD models.
Boeing document knowledge required
Fluency with CATIA V5, Tetra 4D and Polyworks.
Intimate knowledge of ASME 14.5:2018 standard.
Needs to have excellent analytical skills.
He or she should be detail oriented.
Have in-depth knowledge regarding quality standards prescribed by AS9100.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills communicating with internal and external customers.
He or she should have exceptional and problem-solving and decision-making skills.